Sometimes you need to save a webpage for offline usage purposes. It could be for sharing with others or for some research. Copy and pasting a link is an easy way to do so; however, saving a webpage in image format or printable format is very useful. Keeping Webpage in PDF format is the best option. You can send this PDF easily. Let us discuss some step by step process to save a webpage as a PDF.
How to save webpage Using Desktop Browsers
Most of the desktop browsers are embedded with the print function, and it is an easy and effective way to save a webpage to PDF format.
You can save a webpage to PDF format using chrome browser.
- First, go to the top right corner of the browser and click on the three-dot icon.
- Now you will get a Print option in the drop-down menu.
- Or you can press Ctrl + P to open this print option.
- You will get a Pop-up window, hit the down arrow, and choose the option Save as PDF.
- You will get a preview on the left side;
- you can select paper size accordingly. Now click the save button and complete the process.
Using Microsoft Edge
The previous version of Microsoft Edge won’t get support after March 2021. So this process is applicable only for chromium-based new browsers.
- Open the browser and go to the top right corner and select the drop-down menu.
- Choose the Print option, or you can press Ctrl+P.
- Now select the Save as PDF option.
- Under the settings option, you can choose the appropriate orientation and page layout and size as per requirement.
- After making the necessary changes, you can hit the Save button and complete the process.
Using Safari browser
In the Safari browser, a webpage can be saved as a PDF in two ways.
- Go to Safari active and select the file option from the Menu bar and choose the option Export as PDF.
- A pop window will appear,
- Enter the file name and choose the location to save the file and hit the Save button.
If you are looking for some more controls to save the PDF file, you can use the second method.
- Go to Safari active and hit the file menu bar.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Print option.
- Or you can press the Command + P buttons to open the Printer window.
- Now you will get a pop-up window.
- Hit the Save as PDF option from the drop-down menu and enter a title, file name, author, subject, etc.
- You can also add security options to secure your PDF file.
- Once you enter the above details, click the Save button, and your PDF is ready to use.
Using Firefox Browser
Firefox is one of the popular browsers in the market. However, it doesn’t have a built-in PDF printer. So it would be best if you relied on Microsoft’s print to PDF function.
- Go to Firebox browser and select three horizontal lines at the top right corner and select the Print option from the drop-down menu.
- Or you can press Ctrl + P option to open the Print menu.
- Select the Microsoft Print to PDF option and hit the Print button.
- Select the location and hit the Save button. Your PDF file is ready to use.
If you are using Firefox for Mac, then you need to follow different steps. Go to the Firefox browser and open the drop-down menu from three horizontal lines. Choose the Print option from the menu or press the Command +P buttons to open the Print window. You will get the PDF option in the bottom left corner, choose the option, and save the PDF at the desired location.
How to Save a webpage as a PDF without Extension
Using Extensions and web tools
If you want to create customized PDF files, there are many online extensions and tools available. These extensions and tools are specially designed to convert HTML to PDF. If you are looking to convert many files to PDF’s then below are some useful tools to convert a webpage to a PDF.
Paperplane: It is a developer’s favorite conversion tool with a range of different options. You can quickly convert a webpage to PDF by just entering the page link and select the page orientation and size. It will quickly create a PDF. You can also opt for business packages for in-depth PDF management. Free trials are also available. If you are a developer, you can set up an API key and use it as per your need.
PDFShift: It is a quick online tool with a high-speed conversion rate. You just need a free account to convert HTML files to PDF. You can perform mass conversions of HTML at high speed.
NovaPDF: It is a business, friendly PDF creator and manager. You can automatically generate customized PDFs using the NovaPDF tool. Also, it offers additional features like overlays, digital signatures, watermarks, and many more. You can do a little more with this tool. Adobe Acrobat – It is a superfast PDF converter tool that works better on Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and many other web browsers.
If you need any help regarding how to Save a webpage to a PDF, you can contact our technical support team.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Lucy John McAfee, is a technical expert, She loves to write and discuss about new technologies and cyber security, She is also the chief blog editor at McAfee Support Number. She is a regular blogger who keeps a tab on the latest updates in the Security and technology arena. She has visited United Kingdom, United States (USA), Canada, Australia.
You can reach her at Mail | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | LinkedIn | Youtube