What are the causes of McAfee Error 1921?
- This error is could be due to incomplete installation and corrupt download of McAfee antivirus software.
- Windows registry corruption because of McAfee antivirus related software change
- Some virus or malware infection
- Some other program may delete or change the McAfee related files
- It is very important to find out the root cause of the error as well as track the exact trigger point of error.
What are the symptoms of McAfee Error 1921?
- Your system may suddenly crash or shuts down
- A frequent restart of your system
- You will get a display with “ McAfee Agent Error 1921”
- Your system runs sluggishly and slows down
- Your system gets freeze
How to fix this McAfee Agent Uninstall Error 1921?
• Windows registry changes
You need to manually change the Windows registry associated with McAfee Error 1921. However, you need to be careful while performing registry changes. A small mistake can collapse the entire system. It is highly recommended to use software tools like WinThruster or Registry Cleaner for scanning and repairing the registry. These tools will automatic backup before any changes in the registry.
If you want to do registry changes manually then follow below steps
- Go to search and Open the command prompt
- Type command
regeditin the command window
- Check the McAfee error 1921 related key in the registry
- Take the backup of the key
- Now you can manually edit the error related key
• Full malware scanning of the system
Malware infections could be another cause of this error 1921. These virus infections could corrupt your files or damage the files. Full antivirus scanning of your system could resolve this Error 1921.
• Cleaning of junk or temporary files
Sometimes junk files can slow down your machine. So it is recommended to clean temporary and junk files from your system. Cleaning junk could improve your system performance.
- Go to search and open the command prompt
cleanmgrcommand in the command window
- Hit the Enter button, disk clean up will start cleaning the junks from the system
• Driver update
The McAfee error 1921 could be due to corrupt or damaged files. It is recommended to update your system with the latest drivers. You can use a utility like DriverDoc for updating the drivers automatically. This DriverDoc utility comes with features like rolling back all drivers to the previous version, one-click update, etc.
• Windows Update
It is important to update your system with the latest Microsoft Windows patches. This incomplete updates could also be a cause of this issue. Check your internet connection and update the system with latest update version
Reinstalling McAfee antivirus program
If all the above fixes are not working, then you can opt for this option. Try to uninstall the existing McAfee antivirus. Go to the control panel and select the option of programs and features. Select the McAfee antivirus program and uninstall it. Once the process is complete, using McAfee installable files again reinstall the antivirus program and restart your machine.
Clean installation of your Windows
If you are still not able to solve this error 1921, then this could be the last option. You need to take the backup of your all important files and folders. Then by using windows bootable CD or DVD or online try formatting your machine. Follow the instructions and guidelines to install a fresh copy of Windows.
- McAfee Error ee0f000d Account Expired
- McAfee Retail Card Activation
- Cancel McAfee Subscription
- How to Fix McAfee Repository Sync Error 10053?
- How to Uninstall McAfee True Key from your Computer?
- [Solved] How do I fix McAfee Error 403- epo, http, forbidden Code Error
- How to Fix Update Issues with McAfee Software on a Windows PC
- Solved: How do I Fix McAfee Error 9001?
- How to Resolve McAfee Error Code 5 [Access Denied while Install/upgrade]
- Solved: McAfee Scanning not Working
- McAfee Promo Codes
- How to Uninstall McAfee from your Computer?
- [Solved] McAfee Uninstall Error 1921
- How Do I Fix McAfee Virus Scan Error 1327?
- McAfee Total Protection
- How to Solve McAfee Error 1326?
- How to Remove McAfee SiteAdvisor from PC, Browsers & Mac
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating 4.7 / 5. Vote count: 78
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!
Lucy John McAfee, is a technical expert, She loves to write and discuss about new technologies and cyber security, She is also the chief blog editor at McAfee Support Number. She is a regular blogger who keeps a tab on the latest updates in the Security and technology arena. She has visited United Kingdom, United States (USA), Canada, Australia.
You can reach her at Mail | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | LinkedIn | Youtube