You will get an error while updating the web security while Mac is trying to update the operating system.
When you perform an automatic update or manual update for Mac, you will get a pop up with an Error message. This error occurs usually for installation or updates of Mac.
Causes of this Error
- Unapproved net security for Mac kernel extension
- Retardant of firewall or browser setting
How to fix this issue?
1- Net security authorization
If any app uses Kernel Extension to modify tasks, it is important to get it approved while using Mac operating system High Sierra. If you don’t have an authorized kernel extension, the app will not work well. Kernel extension will get used by Internet security of Mac, this is called as Kext for performing sure tasks. It is important to approve this Kext within the app itself or using the system preferences.
Please follow the below steps:
- You need to authorize kernel extension within web security for Mac app
- Go to Apple menu and click on the system preferences
- Go to security and privacy, Click on the option allow enabling the extension
2- Firewall settings modification
- If you are installing Mac OS high sierra, it is important to modify the firewall settings. This modification setting will block web security.
- First, check out if the firewall app is running.
- Application folder will show the installed apps
- If firewall app is running then check out the web security option is not blocked
- Save your all settings
- If McAfee firewall is running, ensure the internet security option is enabled and mot blocked.
- Save your changes.
- Open the McAfee menulet in the menu bar
- Go to McAfee live safe internet security console
- Select Mac security and click on the firewall
- Enable the lock to make changes by entering the password
- Change the type from public to home or work
- Again lock it with a password and save the changes
3- Clear the cache and cookies in safari
- Sometimes expedition cookies and cache can cause this error, clearing these cookies and cache will fix your problem.
- Go to safari and select the preferences
- Click on the privacy option and select the web site information
- Remove all and click on done
- Restart your machine
4- Web security installation for Mac
- If you are still facing the issue then you need to install web security for Mac machine.
- You need to follow the guidelines to install the web security for Mac
- Restart your Mac machine after installation.
- If you are still facing the error then follow the steps to fix the McAfee total protection error.
- How Do I Turn OFF McAfee Subscription Auto Renewal Option?
- How To Avoid Most Common Mistakes While Browsing Internet?
- Security with Mcafee Anti-Malware Solutions
- How Do I Contact McAfee Customer Service?
- Why You Need A Mcafee Internet Security for Your PC?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Lucy John McAfee, is a technical expert, She loves to write and discuss about new technologies and cyber security, She is also the chief blog editor at McAfee Support Number. She is a regular blogger who keeps a tab on the latest updates in the Security and technology arena. She has visited United Kingdom, United States (USA), Canada, Australia.
You can reach her at Mail | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | LinkedIn | Youtube