McAfee is one of the most popular antiviruses which offer overall protection for system device. Sometimes users are facing the issue of McAfee antivirus is not able to perform scanning of your system. This blog will help you to solve the McAfee scanning problem.
Why McAfee “Scan” not working
After the evolution of WWW, today the significant percentage of the population is using the internet and computer. Cashless transactions are booming, online shopping is having great demand in the market. This increase in the usage of computer and internet is also making systems vulnerable. So it is very crucial to have a secure system with a secure web surfing facility. Antivirus software like McAfee and others are continuously working to update their virus database and updating their antivirus packages with the latest security features.
McAfee Scanner not working
Sometimes because of corrupted or damaged files or some missing files, McAfee antivirus scanning is not working properly. This may put your system at risk of virus infections or malware attacks.
How to solve McAfee Scanning not working Error?
Reboot your system
There are different solutions to solve this issue. A very first and immediate workaround is rebooting your system. This will end all unnecessary processes and restart your system. This may solve the issue.
Start Windows in safe mode
If the rebooting system doesn’t fix the issue, then
- Start your windows operating system in safe mode.
- Check the basic input and output details.
- Press F8 key will open different options to run your windows operating system.
- Select the safe mode option and continue the process. Put your system is in safe mode, then start the McAfee scanning process.
- After finishing this process, now start your system in normal mode again. This may resolve your McAfee scanning not working issue.
Enable McAfee access protection
Visit McAfee antivirus and search for a general setting and view option. Select the access protection and enable this option. After enabling restart your system.
Reinstall of McAfee antivirus program
If you are still not able to solve the issue then the final steps are:
- Uninstall and reinstall the McAfee antivirus protection.
- Go to control panel, select program, and features option.
- Then select the McAfee antivirus instance and click on the uninstall button.
- Follow the guidelines to uninstall the McAfee antivirus program, restart the system afterward.
- Visit McAfee’s official website and login with credentials. Download the. exe file and double click on it. Follow the guideline to install the McAfee antivirus software.
If you are still not able to solve this then contact McAfee technical support team.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating 4.7 / 5. Vote count: 15
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!
Lucy John McAfee, is a technical expert, She loves to write and discuss about new technologies and cyber security, She is also the chief blog editor at McAfee Support Number. She is a regular blogger who keeps a tab on the latest updates in the Security and technology arena. She has visited United Kingdom, United States (USA), Canada, Australia.
You can reach her at Mail | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | LinkedIn | Youtube