McAfee error unable to backup existing file
Symptoms of McAfee Error
McAfee antivirus DAT updates fail after running the file from the shared network. And you will get an Error message “Unable to the backup existing file, not enough rights”. Even though you are running it as an administrator, still you will be facing this issue.
McAfee error unable to backup existing file, not enough rights line 12
Cause of McAfee Error
There is a change in Access protection rule in VSE 8.8 patch 9, which fails this update. This rule is getting triggered by Enable Enhanced self-protection rule, where the xdat.exe file should be verified by a trusted party, this new option is located under an access protection setting. You need to enable this Enhanced self-protection option.
How to solve the McAfee Backup Error?
- The McAfee Error is an expected error, so you need to apply for work around for this.
- You need to disable temporarily or permanently the new policy option before DAT update
- Go to Access Protection option via ePO console and deselect the new policy option “Enable enhanced self-protection
- Now run the xDAT from the network share
- Once it is done, go back to Access Protection settings and Enable the enhanced self-protection option.
What to do to troubleshoot McAfee Backup existing file error
If you are still facing the same issue, kindly contact the McAfee customer care team and our team will be able to troubleshoot all the following issues-
- How to fix McAfee error unable to backup existing file
- Solved: McAfee error unable to backup existing file not enough rights line 12
- How to troubleshoot McAfee error unable to backup existing file not enough rights
- Fix McAfee superdat error unable to backup existing file
- Process to fix McAfee dat update error unable to backup existing file
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Lucy John McAfee, is a technical expert, She loves to write and discuss about new technologies and cyber security, She is also the chief blog editor at McAfee Support Number. She is a regular blogger who keeps a tab on the latest updates in the Security and technology arena. She has visited United Kingdom, United States (USA), Canada, Australia.
You can reach her at Mail | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | LinkedIn | Youtube