Looking for a solution for McAfee Error 12152? McAfee antivirus installation process is very simple and easy to implement. People who are not tech savvy can also install it easily. However, sometimes you might face some issues or error like McAfee Error 12152 while installing this McAfee antivirus. This error 12152 is basically due to a missing file or corrupt file in downloading package. This missing file will trigger the error 12152.
What is McAfee Error 12152?
- This McAfee error 12152 will crash the active program window
- Frequent crashes due to McAfee error 12152 while running the program.
- Sometimes your windows behave slowly or sluggishly and don’t respond to keyboard or mouse
- The computer may freeze for a second
- This 12152 Error messages can appear during the installation program
- 12152 error code is a critical error
How does McAfee Error 12152 Occurs?
- Check your internet connection, sometimes you internet connectivity could be the root cause of this problem
- If any file is missing from McAfee download packages
- Any corruption in windows registry from a recent installation and uninstall of any software
- Any Trojans, malware or virus infection corrupted the windows system files or antivirus program files
- Another software might have deleted the McAfee antivirus related file
- Sometimes runtime problems can cause the error 12152
How to Fix McAfee Error 12152 and resolve error code 12152
Uninstall previous antivirus or security tool
- While installing any other security system on your machine, it is very important to check the previous tools installed
- If you have previously installed tools, you need to uninstall it
- Select control panel and go to programs and features option
- Uninstall the old security system or product from the list
- Wait till uninstall process is complete
- Now you can reinstall the McAfee Antivirus on your machine. You need to make sure that your internet connection is working fine.
Use the preinstall tool
- Go to a browser and download the preinstall tool
- Click to run the preinstall tool setup file and follow the instructions
- Click on OK and restart your device
- Check out the registry and repair the registry entries associated with error 12152
- Run a full malware scan for your system
- Clear your system junk files, temporary files, and folders
- Try to update your PC device drivers
- Windows restore to undo recent system changes
- Uninstall and reinstall the McAfee antivirus program
- Check windows system file checker
- Install all windows updates and perform a clean installation of windows
Didn’t Work? Call Our Customer Service Team
If you still face the same Mcafee error 12152, you can follow McAfee customer support guidelines.
- You can use a virtual assistant and follow the instructions to troubleshooting steps
- You can use the manual steps to repair the existing error
- Download the preinstall tool and consumer product removal tool
- Follow the McAfee customer care instructions to use preinstall and virtual assistant tools
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!
Lucy John McAfee, is a technical expert, She loves to write and discuss about new technologies and cyber security, She is also the chief blog editor at McAfee Support Number. She is a regular blogger who keeps a tab on the latest updates in the Security and technology arena. United Kingdom, United States (USA), Canada, Australia.
You can reach her at Mail | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | LinkedIn | Youtube