The purpose of this blog is to fix McAfee Antivirus Repository sync error 10053.
How to fix this Error 10053?
Step 1:- Full scanning of your system
- Full scanning of your system could resolve this error 10053. Go to start button
- Open the command prompt using the cmd.exe command
- Now type the command “sfc/scannow” in the window
- The disc cleaner will start scanning the entire system
Step 2:- Remove the Junks
- Cleaning junk and temporary files can solve this McAfee error code 10053
- Go to Run box by pressing and holding Windows logo + R keys
- Type “ prefetch” command, or recent or %temp% command
- Hit the okay button and select the desired items to delete
- Click on the delete button to clear all the junk, temporary and unwanted files.
Step 3:- Windows registry changes
You can fix the McAfee error 10053 by changing the error related files from the windows registry.
However, be careful while working with windows registry as a small mistake can crash the entire system.
- Go to start button, open the command prompt
- Type command “regedit”, it will open the windows registry editor
- Select the error 10053 related entries and export it
- Save these entries in a folder say “error”
Step 4: Contact McAfee Support team
If you are still facing the same error, then contact the McAfee antivirus support team. There are three channels through which you can contact McAfee team – remote, online and phone. Choose the correct mode and contact the team. McAfee Technical experts will assist you to solve your problem.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Lucy John McAfee, is a technical expert, She loves to write and discuss about new technologies and cyber security, She is also the chief blog editor at McAfee Support Number. She is a regular blogger who keeps a tab on the latest updates in the Security and technology arena. She has visited United Kingdom, United States (USA), Canada, Australia.
You can reach her at Mail | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | LinkedIn | Youtube