Are you trying to troubleshoot McAfee Antivirus Error 0? While installing the McAfee antivirus software on your machine, sometimes you get McAfee error code 0. It is a well-known antivirus program in the market. It is easy to install the McAfee antivirus on your PC or laptop. McAfee will give you a package of total security solutions for your desktops, laptops and smartphones.
Symptoms of McAfee Error Code 0
- Your system shows error code 0 and active program crashes
- You will get McAfee backup file error 0
- Your system is slow and sluggish and not responding to the keyboard and mouse
- Your computer gets freeze periodically
- What are the causes of this Error 0
- Your windows registry is corrupted
- Malware infections or Trojan attacks
- Incomplete installation of the antivirus program
- Some program might have deleted supporting files for antivirus software
How to Fix Mcafee Error Code 0
Reinstall the McAfee Antivirus
Remove the existing old McAfee files and reinstall the antivirus again by following the instructions given by setup wizards.
Use McAfee Preinstall Tool
- Login to McAfee account and Download a Pre-Install tool; click on the Pre Install Tool.exe file.
- Agree with the terms and conditions and run the .exe file.
- Complete the installation process and restart your computer
Manual Repairing of Registry Entries
- You can manually edit the registry entries in the windows registry; however, this is a very risky job
- Go start button and open a command prompt using “ command” in the search box
- Pres CTRL – Shift button and click on the Enter
- Select Yes option and you will get a black box with a blinking cursor
- Type “ regedit” and press enter button
- Take a backup of the registry by clicking on the file and selecting export option In the Save In the list,
- Save the McAfee Antivirus backup key in a folder
- The file will be saved with a .reg file extension.
Run full scan
Sometimes malware infections are causes of McAfee error 1406. So it is recommended to perform a full scan of your system
Use disk clean up and clean your junk or temporary files
- When you are surfing on the internet, you end up collecting junk files or temporary files in the background. By using Disk cleanup tool, you can clean up temporary files, which will be also good for your machines good performance
Disk Cleanup (cleanmgr)
- Open command prompt and type Disk Cleanup (cleanmgr)
- Disc cleanup will automatically calculate the disc space and it will prompt you with series of checkboxes
- Select the files you want to clean and click on ok
Update your Device drivers
- Error 1406 could be due to corrupt files or corrupt drivers.
- Sometimes updating device drivers can solve your issue.
- Now if you are trying to update your drivers manually; a bit risky as well as difficult task.
- It is highly recommended to use tools like Driver update tool or Driver Doc
Use System restore and undo the changes
- Search for system restore and hit enter
- Open the system restore, you may need to enter your password or admin password for this
- You will get a wizard to select your restore point
- Restore your computer
- Reinstall entire windows
A final option is to reinstall the windows operating system and can start again with the fresh system. If you still face the same issue, please contact the McAfee customer care number, which is 24*7 available to help you.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Lucy John McAfee, is a technical expert, She loves to write and discuss about new technologies and cyber security, She is also the chief blog editor at McAfee Support Number. She is a regular blogger who keeps a tab on the latest updates in the Security and technology arena. She has visited United Kingdom, United States (USA), Canada, Australia.
You can reach her at Mail | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | LinkedIn | Youtube