Are you facing “initializing update interface” error on your McAfee security scan plus. McAfee is one of the best antiviruses with everyday scanning protection for your system. Sometimes it may cause a certain error and which ultimately affects’ your system. The initializing updater interface error is one of the common errors faced by the user. Incorrect system configuration could be one the cause of this error. McAfee’s antivirus fails to start the scanning of your system due to this error. Let us discuss how to solve this McAfee initializing updator interface error.
What are the causes of McAfee initializing updater interface Error?
- Incomplete installation of the McAfee antivirus program is one of the causes of this error
- Virus or malware attack on the system may be another cause of this error
- Damaged Windows system file may be another cause of this error
- These are the primary common causes of this initializing updater interface error.
How to fix McAfee “initializing update interface” error?
It is important to use an administrator account before applying the solution for this error.
- Restore the computer to the previous version
- Login to system with admin account credentials
- Go to start button and select the all programs, accessories and system tools and select the system restore option
- Open the system restore wizard, follow the guidelines to restore the system to the previous working version
- Select the best working instance and restore the system
- Restart your system
How to fix McAfee security scan plus error initializing updater interface issue?
- Reinstall the McAfee antivirus
- This Error can be solved by reinstalling the McAfee antivirus software again.
- Open the control panel and go to programs and features tab
- Select the McAfee related instance in the list of programs
- Click and select the uninstall option, uninstall McAfee antivirus by following the steps
- Restart the system
- Now go to McAfee official website and login with the credentials
- Open the download option and download the latest antivirus .exe file
- Double click on the file and follow the instructions to install McAfee antivirus program on your system
- Check your internet connection, Open the McAfee antivirus software icon, and select the update option.
- Once the update is complete then reboot your system
- This is an inbuilt tool provided by McAfee antivirus program
- Go to start and click on the troubleshooting option
- Click on the fix problems with a software update
- Run the Windows troubleshooter again and check out the error is fixed or not
Perform a full antivirus scan of the system. Sometimes malware or virus attack may cause the system error. If you are still not able to solve this error, contact McAfee antivirus program
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!
Lucy John McAfee, is a technical expert, She loves to write and discuss about new technologies and cyber security, She is also the chief blog editor at McAfee Support Number. She is a regular blogger who keeps a tab on the latest updates in the Security and technology arena. She has visited United Kingdom, United States (USA), Canada, Australia.
You can reach her at Mail | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | LinkedIn | Youtube