Often it has been seen that people encounter errors like they can’t uninstall McAfee True Key. With the help of this article, we will try to list down steps on exactly how to do the needful. McAfee UK also has a technical support department but often people get stuck in long wait on calls to reach the right technical support executive and get their queries resolved. By referring to this blog they can get a step by step written instruction which will minimize the chances of errors and clearly states how to remove MacAfee True Key.
Steps to Uninstall McAfee True Key from your Computer
- An extension that is already installed in your web browser (Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Mozilla Firefox). The extension lets you save your passwords filled in automatically as you browse your favorite sites.
- An app that allows you to configure and manage True Key.
If you wish to remove True Key from your PC or Mac, you can remove just the extension from your browser, or you can remove both the extension and the app completely.
Below are shown both the options:
Option 1 – Remove the True Key extension from your browser
This option only removes the extension. The True Key app remains installed.
Uninstall from Google Chrome
- Click the Tools menu on the right side of the browser menu.
- Select Extensions, then choose True Key.
- Click Disable, or Uninstall.
Uninstall from Internet Explorer
- Click Tools and select Manage Add-ons.
- In the Manage Add-ons window, choose the True Key app.
- Click Disable.
Uninstall from Mozilla Firefox
- Click the menu on the right side of the browser.
- Select Add-ons, and then Extensions.
- Choose True Key and click Disable or Remove.
Option 2 – Remove the True Key app and extension from your PC or Mac
This option lets you remove both the app and the extension from your computer.
Uninstall from Windows
- Click Start, Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs.
- Select the True Key app from the list and click Uninstall.
- Follow the prompts to complete the process.
Uninstall from Mac
- Open the Applications folder.
- Drag the True Key app to the Trash icon in your dock.
- Empty the Trash.
True Key Remove Full Video Guide
A number of users facing a problem with McAfee True Key will be able to uninstall McAfee True key by following the above steps in the same order as mentioned with options. However, there might be a few people who will face the problem and these are people who are very bad at operating the system. For them, we provide screen sharing facilities and help them get the process complete by sharing their screens with the help of screen sharing software. Also, there are chat options where the executives will guide you the above steps on the chat window and tell you the complete process if McAfee Key won’t uninstall.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating 4.7 / 5. Vote count: 9
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!
Lucy John McAfee, is a technical expert, She loves to write and discuss about new technologies and cyber security, She is also the chief blog editor at McAfee Support Number. She is a regular blogger who keeps a tab on the latest updates in the Security and technology arena. She has visited United Kingdom, United States (USA), Canada, Australia.
You can reach her at Mail | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | LinkedIn | Youtube